Re: An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were successfully changed.

This didn't work, because I cannot install it.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <Darrellg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bfHMCKexIHA.4564@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
You can get that error message if one of the manifests is corrupted.
Try running this tool which trys to repair the manifests.
947821 Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;947821

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
| >From: "Joe" <Joe@xxxxxxx>
| >Subject: Re: An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were
successfully changed.
| >Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:38:52 -0700
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
| >
| >I am trying to install the "Remote Server Administration Tools."
| >
| >Since I recieved the error, I wanted to see if I could install or
unintall
| >any of the features, but I get the same error if I try to turn on or off
any
| >of the features.
| >
| >I do have SP1. I just recently formatted and did a new installation with
| >the SP1 disk I recieved in the mail, that was made on 4/2008. I did my
| >install on around 5/01/2008.
| >
| >Thanks for the help,
| >
| >Tim
| >"Curious" <spammenot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| >> Are you running SP1?
| >> What specific feature(s) are you trying to install? If more then one
have
| >> you tried installing them one at a time?
| >> "Joe" <Joe@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • RE: FC4 - Eclipse problem
    ... > features was stripped. ... The things that you install via the update ... were to download the .zip for Windows. ... Seems that Eclipse under Fedora is now controlled ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: the function you are attempting to run contains macros or cont
    ... Open the Control Panel, double-click Programs & Features, find and select Office 2007. ... Setup will then install the VBA code that you need. ... "wacko macro" wrote in message ... >>> can I fix word to not receive this message every time it opens? ...
  • Re: Media Player 10 Integration into XP
    ... > I am aware of how to install MP 10 using the gui run once feature ... using their search feature and looking for "slipstream Windows Media Player ... Features included in the remaining files are: ...
  • Re: Messenger Plus! - Lets focus on another Sacred Cow for a while
    ... The features that MsgPlus provided to the average Messenger user were great, ... I do not install the sponsor on my home PC as it is also the main home PC ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Beagle frontend
    ... technology should NOT be automatically turned on at install. ... Not enabling new features results in a horrible user experience; ... run around turning things on. ... A distro should be able to support both legacy HW and state of the art ...
    (SuSE)