Re: installing the anytime upgrade dvd

The Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade DVD is only
valid with a "retail" Windows Vista product key. It
will not be valid with an HP OEM product key.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OTwXOdqxIHA.1436@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We wanted to install the dvd because we wanted the HP CRAP removed from the
system on a HP MEDIA center m7750n. After 1 week MICROSOFT locked down the
computer made us re input the product key off the tower and was told by
MICROSOFT it was a pirated dvd. Any ideas y this happened

  • Re: anybody tried a "vga to hdmi converter"
    ... OEM product key on the computer? ...  The MCE 2005 disk that came with my computer is only ... none of my friends have a copy of the 3rd DVD to MCE 2005. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: where is the outlook 2003 product key on the SBS2003 R2 DVD
    ... SP2 on your computer and want to know where the product key is on your ... SBS2003 R2 DVD. ... the only way to install Outlook 2003 SP2 on a single ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Re-Installation of Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
    ... I have done both the F11 and used the supplied dvd in order to deal with a critical system error that was occuring. ... In neither case was there an opportunity to enter a product key nor was activation ever required. ... I used VMWare Workstation 6 to create a 64bit virtual machine and when I tried to use the dvd to install VHP x64 in it the installation halted after loading files with the message that the software could not be installed from the dvd on this machine. ... > installs remains intact no longer requiring activation. ...
  • Re: How do I copy a DVD?
    ... for copying DVDs you need additional software. ... Windows Vista - Copying ... Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Center ... disc using Windows DVD Maker ...
  • Re: Cannot reduce time of MM project
    ... the problem is definitely with Movie ... I can reduce the number of scenes in my project until it only runs ... minutes and 50 seconds - which is too long to copy onto a DVD. ... Here's some info on Windows Vista DVD Maker... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)