Re: installing the anytime upgrade dvd

but y did it come with the hp in the 1st place then

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OUUbd5rxIHA.3680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade DVD is only
valid with a "retail" Windows Vista product key. It
will not be valid with an HP OEM product key.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OTwXOdqxIHA.1436@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We wanted to install the dvd because we wanted the HP CRAP removed from the
system on a HP MEDIA center m7750n. After 1 week MICROSOFT locked down the
computer made us re input the product key off the tower and was told by
MICROSOFT it was a pirated dvd. Any ideas y this happened

  • Re: installing the anytime upgrade dvd
    ... the Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade ... DVD will only accept a RETAIL product key. ... will only work with an HP recovery disc or a generic Vista OEM disc. ...
  • Re: Unable to access Windows Vista
    ... My daughter's laptop has Windows Vista on it. ... Your windows vista home premium product key is entered incorrectly. ... Doesn't know how to get around MS OS limitations, I guess MS is useless OS. ...
  • Re: Unable to access Windows Vista
    ... My daughter's laptop has Windows Vista on it. ... Your windows vista home premium product key is entered incorrectly. ... this is useless advice. ...
  • Re: Unable to access Windows Vista
    ... My daughter's laptop has Windows Vista on it. ... Your windows vista home premium product key is entered incorrectly. ... With open source, you don't worry about licensing hassles. ...
  • Re: MSWord2000 and Vista
    ... WordPad has been included with the last several versions of Windows, not just Windows Vista. ... But you can download and install the free Word viewer from and use it to view and print your Word 2000 files. ... The old files came over fine, but all documents that were originally in Microsoft Word2000 format are now in some other format that can best be described as gibberish. ... Is there any way to obtain a product key that will allow me to install MSWord 2000 on my new DELL? ...