Recovery from recovery disk not possible

System: Vista Business OEM pre-instaled on my laptop.
I have a recovery files on my external HDD (whole system). In help file to
it says to press F8 while booting, select "Repair computer" and follow
instructons ...
On my advanced startup menu THERE IS NOT such option !!! What now? My systm
bacup is useless?. I don't have full Vista instalation disk, just Recovery CD
of pre installed system which allows only to recover to factory installed
system.

  • Re: Recovery from recovery disk not possible
    ... I have a recovery files on my external HDD. ... On my advanced startup menu THERE IS NOT such option!!! ... I don't have full Vista instalation disk, ...
  • Re: Recovery from recovery disk not possible
    ... By use of a backup utility or copying the recovery CD? ... I have a recovery files on my external HDD. ... I don't have full Vista instalation disk, ...
  • Re: help to recover images
    ... backup, ... System restor would not even show up and recovery console was the only ... I suspect that it will erase all data currently on the disk. ... with a correct xp instalation cd, it only gives me the option to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: help to recover images
    ... I have a Dell latitude with many important images in it. ... System restor would not even show up and recovery console was the only ... with a correct xp instalation cd, it only gives me the option to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Work lost due to Windows update re-boot
    ... abnormal program termination - and that it does not trigger the document ... bolted - is to install an intelligent recovery tool such as Undelete 2009 ... This allows the user to restore all the recovery files ... There is an outside chance that file recovery software on that folder ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)