Re: Reinstall

The key will be tied to the recovery disk
Why not get the system how you would like it, then Image it? - Acronis True
Image

"Zach J." <Zach J.@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello!

I have a similar question, if this topic is still alive.
I have just purchased a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. Of
course, no system disk, only recovery. But! I'd like to reinstall Vista
without some of its components ("nlite" it) to gain more performance.
As i have a legal product key, can i e.g. barrow a Vista disk from someone
else, nlite it, and install with my own product key?
If not, is there any other way to do this kind of reinstall without paying
for another Vista (which of course i'd like to skip...)?

Thanks,
Zach

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

When you purchased the PC you should have had either a recovery DVD or
here
should be a recovery partition on the hard drive which will allow you to
re-install Vista. If there is no recovery partition on the hard drive
(check
your PC manual for help on how to re-install the operating system from a
recovery partition) and you have not received any recovery DVD then
contact
the PC manufacturer to see if they can provide you with a recovery DVD.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
the
mail/post..

"Ellen" <Ellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i own a PC where Windows Vista was originally installed on it, but the
XP
OS
was installed over it. I want to reinstall Vista.
The issue is that when i purchased the machine in never received a
systems
disk so all i have is the product key sticker that's located underneath
the
PC it's self.

How can i go about reinstalling the Vista OS without purchasing a whole
new
one?

  • Re: Backup and Recovery
    ... I contacted HP and I was able to order a backup recovery disk for just $13.86 including tax and shipping. ... My laptops came with pre-installed Windows Vista. ...
  • Re: Desktop Display Problem/UPDATE-WONT START!
    ... Do get the recovery discs from HP or make your own using the HP utility. ... Especially not the Vista Home Edition backup because it doesn't backup the Vista OS, drivers or other software, only your personal files. ... External static isn't very likely to be the cause of your display problem but an internal electrical problem could be. ... the discs would be the next thing to try before giving it up as a warranty ...
  • Re: Please help! Multi-boot option not working anymore
    ... First, when I boot up, I do see Vista's System Recovery Options ... list) does not repair the startup. ... repair mbr so that I can get vista up & running. ...
  • Re: I messed up Vista. Wont boot. Windows boot manager error.
    ... Maybe an old XP disk you can use the Recovery Console. ... If you can get to a command prompt, you should be able to reach the startup process if you make the Vista partition the active partition. ...
  • Re: Backup and Recovery
    ... My laptops came with pre-installed Windows Vista. ... I was thinking I could perhaps copy the recovery back up or acquire a recovery disk. ...