Re: XP to Vista HDD problem

That's because the original XP only supported formatting to 127GB. When you upgraded you could not reformat the disk so that's what you still have. Is Vista showing the unallocated portion of the disk in Disk Management?

"spartacus112" <spartacus112@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D97241BF-911C-4F7E-8E27-AD9A2565C24B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I recently built my computer and installed xp using a pre SP2 cd. I upgraded
to vista using an uprgrade version. My problem is that my 320gb hard drive is
only showing 127gb as if i were using the pre SP2 version of XP.

  • Re: Installing XP-Pro
    ... Following instructions from the web, I used Vista to create a new, ... The disk spins, various programs are read from it ok, and then when it ... hit the F6 key to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver. ... Usually these drivers can be obtained from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Vista Excessive Disk Activity
    ... Is your computer system ready for Vista? ... "Pat M" wrote in message ... I then noticed that the disk activity light was on ... It appears that Superfetch looks ...
  • Re: vista black screen hang
    ... run "chkntfs /d" to clear the dirty bit that is causing the disk checks. ... What you commonly see on forums is the result of the majority of them slurping posts to and from the same source, the Microsoft newsservers. ... Vista bootloader! ... they are pressing, claiming to support, etc. ...
  • Re: Transfer 32 bit to 64 bit - new drive
    ... Remove your old HDD and install the new one. ... HDD and install Vista x64 there. ... Disk Management should now show Drive C: ... you can use Drive Management to delete and/or reformat the former Drives C: ...
  • Vista Excessive Disk Activity
    ... I then noticed that the disk activity light was on solid - and I couldn't figure out why. ... It appears that Superfetch looks through previously opened user data files - even if they were used only once, are 4+GB in size, and may never be used again from within VISTA. ... In an attempt to further diagnose the issues, I restored a C: partition backup for the first OOTB Vista configuration. ...