Re: cant install windows server 2003 on vista

You are trying to do WHAT?!

If you are right clicking on the Server cd icon and selecting compatibility mode like a ordinary program then forget it. You cannot start a Windows Setup.exe that way. What does "i dont have hard disk drive" mean? You obviously do (you're running Vista on it). Did you mean to say that you don't have a free partition on your hard drive? Are you trying to create a dual boot system?

If you are wanting to run Server to learn more about it I suggest you use Virtual PC or Virtual Server instead, assuming you have 2GB or more on your system. That way you do not need a separate partition and you can even run Vista and Server simultaneously.

"cpower03" <cpower03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A7CB3A20-370E-45C5-8D56-6B3A60005933@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
everytime i try and install windows server 2003 enterprise edition on vista.
it gives me the error " setup cannot run in program compatibility mode". ive
tried installing from the disk when booting but it wont work since i dont
have hard disk drive every time i think i get anywhere i get the same error.
is there a way to disablle compatibility mode cause even when i use it i
stilll get errors any help thanks

  • Re: Delete a "locked for editing file by..."
    ... compatibility mode from Excel 2007. ... different name and reboot the server, after which the files can then be ... If that file is on a network drive, you may have to ask your IT folks to reboot ...
  • Re: Users can Install on Terminal Servers
    ... compatibility mode during installation of Terminal Services? ... change the compatibility mode on the server, ... group and Remote Desktop Users. ...
  • Re: Solaris to linux X forwarding or VNC
    ... >> Logan, Exactly. ... > X server, but you aren't able to do the same thing on X.org's X ... > server because the same compatibility mode doesn't exist. ... and getting only the app to be available via vnc. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: SQL 6.5 compatability mode
    ... Servers do not run in a compatibility mode, ... The biggest issues are if your 6.5 database has objects with names ... compatibility to SQL Server 2000, any access to that table will fail, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Offline Files
    ... I have disabled the realtime antivirus on the vista machine and on the SBS server, with no difference to the issue. ... "Windows Small Business Server 2003: Windows Vista and Outlook 2007 compatibility update" is already installed on the SBS server. ... I have also seen *.txt, *.rdp, *.lnk and others in conflict. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)