Re: downgrade windows vista ultimate to windows home basic

You could always install Home Basic by not entering your product key upon installation. Then try it out for 30 days. You might find that there isn't much difference in your frustration compared to the Ultimate edition.
Or you could just remove things from your Ultimate install so it has the same features as Home Basic. Also turn Aero off to get the full effect.

"Muhammad Faiz" <faizyunus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A98FF22D-0EBA-4845-9CB4-E8AAA119EA9A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How do I downgrade Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows Home Basic? I just performed and upgrade and windows vista ultimate was very frustrating. Any ideas?

  • Re: Winxp activation
    ... Yes the install was without entering the product key, ... tried the activation and that is when I entered the product key from the one I bought. ... "Install went fine, however when trying to activate, changed the product key back to the original XP PRo disk version that I bought". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem installing word
    ... see how to obtain a new product key - ... After entering the same same prod. ... entered to install it, it tells me that it is the wrong product key. ... I have tried uninstalling it from all of my computers and attempted ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Need 64-bit media
    ... Don't people with RTM Ultimate ... the Ultimate PID to work as an Anytime Upgrade. ... Then I will use the Anytime Upgrade DVD (which I purchased just after ... Going to x64 requires a clean install. ...
  • Re: Installing Windows on a SATA drive
    ... Why do you then need to re-install entering your product key the second time - can you not enter your product key on the first install after its completed? ... I thought you could enter your product key at any time under Vista by using the change product key. ... So is the trick that by not entering your product key you can install without having a previous version of Windows installed? ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • RE: The Ultimate Steal !LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!
    ... upgrade not a clean install which makes the CD key useless. ... "Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; ... I bought both the Office 07' and Vista offers ... warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of such ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup)