Re: Windows failed to start.

DUNGOL;659891 Wrote:
Hi Guys,

This is the first time I am using the forum.
Could you help me?

My computer was working properly,then I had a power problem, my
computer turned off and turned on again.Now my windows doesn't open.
When I try to open I receive this message:
Windows failed to start.
File:\windows\system32\config\system
Status:0xc000014c
Info:Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing
or corrupted.
Please help me to fix it without losing my files.I have a restore cd,
but I dont want to use it, because I can't lose my files.The cd doesnt
has the choice to repair windows.Just restore it.
I am using Windows vista premium and my computer is Aspire E380 (Acer)
It has C: and D: partition, but I dont know if it is 32 or 64
I already use all steps in F8 screen, safe mode....last
configuration...anything didn't work.
Please help me!!
Thanks

Hey everyone, I am having the exact same problem. The "Repair"
option usually fixes things, but i would like to know what is causing
the registry file to corrupt or go missing. Being able to solve that
particular problem would help tremendously as this error happens about
every other time i shut down my computer.

Hand built system:
Quad core
SATA 1Tb main drive (partitioned)
IDE 250Gb secondary drive
Vista x64
4gb RAM

Thank you all in advance!
~MK

--
mknies

  • Re: [SLE] MSft Windows XP Home Qns
    ... The first time, my co-worker recommended a different defragger that ... was able to move more non-movable stuff on the drive first, ... Compaq's Quick-restore) and was able to specify the size of the partition ... > space Windows XP Home takes when it is installed? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Duel systems on a single partition
    ... I have two installations of XP on the same partition ... Windows XP - Shell/User ... | drive didn't reformat the first time but now I have to of the same operating ...
  • Re: Disk Boot Failure, but Hard Drive is fine.
    ... I let Windows XP Setup Format and Partition the HD the first time. ...
  • Re: Reinstalling Windows The Hard Way...
    ... partition that you can boot into...watch the startup messages...which can be ... used to completely reformat/reload the PC. ... running Packard Bell Windows XP MCE2005. ... i powered up the pc for the first time it ran setup through a folder ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows failed to start.
    ... Windows failed to start. ... Info:Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing ... I am using Windows vista premium and my computer is Aspire E380 ... It has C: and D: partition, but I dont know if it is 32 or 64 ...