Re: Backup Disc has no operating system on it

New Installation of Windows Vista From Backup Media
http://support.gateway.com/s/software/MICROSOF/vista/7515418/7515418su534.shtml

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-gb

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"lcopeland" <lcopeland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3299404B-199C-497A-B7C3-29C6CB826A3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Gateway MT6707 notebook that came preinstalled with Windows Vista
Home Premium. I upgraded to a new larger hard drive but the start up disc I
created doesn't contain the operating system. I know it's the disc because I
tried my startup disc from my other computer and it goes through all of the
microsoft motions to the point where it says "This disc is not for this
computer". How do I make a start updisc from my Gateway that will contain the
operating system so I can use my new hard drive?

  • Re: Software RAID in Vista
    ... You cannot install Windows Vista on a dynamic disc. ... The disc must be reformatted and setup as a basic disc. ... You cannot select or format a hard disk partition when you try to install Windows Vista ...
  • Re: x64 fresh install problem.
    ... Is this CD that you are trying to install from a GENUINE Microsoft copy of Windows Vista? ... I change my boot priority to cd rom, boot from the x64 dvd, it loads ... Maybe I have a bad disc or something? ...
  • Re: Putting my videos on disks. help me
    ... Windows Vista - ... disc using Windows DVD Maker ... Demo: Make a DVD-Video disc ...
  • Re: After burning to CD or DVD drive cannot be read
    ... I can burn to CD or DVD using Windows Vista and close session. ... I also tried the disc on my desktop computer that is running Windows XP, ...
  • Rancid Roadsine Randy PROULY Runs Windoze Vista, and calls OSX users Stupid!
    ... HP 6GB Windows Vista Home Premium ... HAW! ... 'Toys' eh? ... Did your operating system come with any of the following? ...
    (misc.transport.road)