Re: Backup Disc has no operating system on it

New Installation of Windows Vista From Backup Media
http://support.gateway.com/s/software/MICROSOF/vista/7515418/7515418su534.shtml

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-gb

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"lcopeland" <lcopeland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3299404B-199C-497A-B7C3-29C6CB826A3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Gateway MT6707 notebook that came preinstalled with Windows Vista
Home Premium. I upgraded to a new larger hard drive but the start up disc I
created doesn't contain the operating system. I know it's the disc because I
tried my startup disc from my other computer and it goes through all of the
microsoft motions to the point where it says "This disc is not for this
computer". How do I make a start updisc from my Gateway that will contain the
operating system so I can use my new hard drive?
.