Re: cant install windows server 2003 on vista
- From: Bruce Chambers <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:45:22 -0600
everytime i try and install windows server 2003 enterprise edition on vista. it gives me the error " setup cannot run in program compatibility mode".
Well, of course you do. You can't install a server OS from within a workstation OS. It's not a supported upgrade path. You'll have to boot from the Windows Server 2003 disk, format the hard drive (unless you're contemplating a dual-boot), and proceed from there.
ive tried installing from the disk when booting but it wont work since i dont have hard disk drive
Then the Windows Server 2003 installation package lacks the necessary device drivers for your computer's IDE/SCSI/SATA controller. Obtain those from the computer manufacturer and have that disk ready to insert when prompted.
Help us help you:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell
The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
- Prev by Date: Re: Backup Disc has no operating system on it
- Next by Date: Re: downgrade windows vista ultimate to windows home basic
- Previous by thread: Re: cant install windows server 2003 on vista
- Next by thread: Re: cant install windows server 2003 on vista