Re: moving files from 98se to vista premium

CdLSRN wrote:
I have a Dell XPS T450 desktop with Win 98se. I want to buy a DellXPS 420 with quad
processor and 4 gig ram etc. I just need to move doc. files, a lot of .jpg files,
mov files, and Outlook Express, I have very important files with large attachment
stored in OE
.
My son got a new loaded Dell 420, 3 men came to the house from Dell to set it up and
move his
data from the same type of machine that I have. After they worked on it a while they
told him it could not be done and that he
would have to call Dell and tell them to put XP into his machine! These were people
Dell sent!!!
Anyway, I have the same kind of files. I don't expect to move my old programs. Will I
be able to move my files onto Vista Premium? Ginny

How to use Windows Easy Transfer to migrate files and settings from one Windows-based computer to another Windows Vista-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928634/en-us

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

  • Re: Downsizing from Windows 7 to XP Pro
    ... First and foremost, if the specific computer model in question was designed specifically for Windows 7, there may well be no WinXP-specific device drivers available to make the computer's diverse components work properly. ... You would, at the very least, have to re-install Windows 7 before getting any support from the manufacturer. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
  • Re: How to completely clean hard drive so that no virus or malware is
    ... windows many times in last 2 weeks and during this I also opted for the complete format of Hard drive but after a day or two computer again stops working showing a blue screen and telling that windows have shut down to prevent some damage and from here it doesn't boot anymore. ... Some body told me that I would have to format Hard drive by DOS. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows license and external harddrive
    ... as 1 TB) and using it as a system drive, I want to know what will happen to Windows license because I intend to move around the system drive between more than one computers. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: How to reformat vista to install XP
    ... So, you can rush right out and buy a new computer with Windows ME on it, or maybe Winows 98SE? ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
  • Re: Bright Blue Characters
    ... If you wish to change this behavior, in Windows Explorer, click Tools> Folder Options> View> Advanced settings: Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)