Re: cant install windows server 2003 on vista

cpower03 wrote:
everytime i try and install windows server 2003 enterprise edition on vista. it gives me the error " setup cannot run in program compatibility mode". ive tried installing from the disk when booting but it wont work since i dont have hard disk drive every time i think i get anywhere i get the same error. is there a way to disablle compatibility mode cause even when i use it i stilll get errors any help thanks
1. You can't install server 2003 over vista
2. If you want to do a new install of server 2003, boot into vista safe mode first
3. If you don't want to use vista anymore, boot from the server 2003 cd.

  • Re: Installing XP-Pro
    ... Following instructions from the web, I used Vista to create a new, ... The disk spins, various programs are read from it ok, and then when it ... hit the F6 key to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver. ... Usually these drivers can be obtained from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Transfer 32 bit to 64 bit - new drive
    ... Remove your old HDD and install the new one. ... HDD and install Vista x64 there. ... Disk Management should now show Drive C: ... you can use Drive Management to delete and/or reformat the former Drives C: ...
  • Re: Installing XP-Pro
    ... Following instructions from the web, I used Vista to create a new, ... The disk spins, various programs are read from it ok, and then when it ... hit the F6 key to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver. ... Usually these drivers can be obtained from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Overwriting Vista Home Premium with XP Pro
    ... Premium pre-installed (but has recovery disk) - I want to install XP Pro ... I am presuming that the Vista is protected in some way, ... Check with the OEM - either from their tech support website or by calling ...
  • Re: x86 to x64
    ... I have to local hard disks, each 160gb, which i will refer to as disk A and disk B wen referring to the physical disks. ... I installed Vista to C: and all of my software is on E: I use Z: for an archive of static data like pictures and music etc. ... A platform change requires a clean install. ... Vista should be installed on a partition larger than 30gb. ...