Re: Visat home premium - delete specific system restore points

Can't be done, sorry. The best you can do is remove all but the last restore point.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx

"Masterbowl" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3c588a0a81002e48b1fea95ffc46f74b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

New pc, Vista Home premium + SP1 reload, close to final set-up.

There's a user-labelled System Restore point dated 1st June (which I
want to keep) plus a series of daily restore points, system generated
(presumably during/after installation of new progs or updates) then a
further user-labelled restore point, 6th June (user-labelled, i.e. "SP1
loaded").

QUESTION how to delete the "daily restore points" in-between?

Reason - 1st June is a "clean" system with SP1. The latest is a
"clean" system with other progs loaded. I don't need the "in-between"
ones, keeping them will eventually wipe the original from memory -
("fifo" when space becomes critical).

--
Masterbowl

  • Re: configuring System Restore
    ... A restore point has limited usefullness for a novice user, who will probably muck things up in no time. ... Windows Backup is a good start, but you'll find more flexibility in third party backup programs. ... I can reduce the RPGlobalInterval further but am wondering if there's a more reliable way to get it to create daily restore points ... ...
  • Re: Restore point schedule not invisible
    ... System Restore automatically creates a restore point every 24 hours. ... I have recently built a new computer with XP SP3 and have scheduled a daily restore point. ... I have no problem with this, it creates a point, however the restore point entry window is always on the screen in the morning. ... On my last computer which also ran the same platform the schedule was the same however it didn't leave the restore window on the desktop, ...
  • Re: Restore Point
    ... because my computer makes it's own daily restore points and deletes mine after 5 days. ... I don't like the fact that my computer does this because when I create a restore point, it is after I've run all the scans and I know that my computer is clean. ... If you are mainly concerned about being able to restore your Registry, I think you might like an excellent free program called ERUNT, available here: ... It backs up and if necessary restores the Registry for you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Visat home premium - delete specific system restore points
    ... New pc, Vista Home premium + SP1 reload, close to final set-up. ... There's a user-labelled System Restore point dated 1st June (which I ... QUESTION how to delete the "daily restore points" in-between? ...
  • Re: Restoring System State to Alternate File System
    ... If there are so may folders missing, i think also a system state backup will ... The System State data includes only the registry, ... only reply to Newsgroups ... it is not clear at all what is the semantics of the "Restore files ...