Re: Vista Login and Restore problem

Do you see a Vista boot option in your GRUB menu? If so, you set up a dual boot and you should be able to use http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=740221 This is the default option when Ubuntu installs, but you may have chosen to use the whole disk.

If you have used the whole disk and erased your Vista partition, you will need to get a recovery disk set from Acer. If you know someone with a (presumably 32-bit) OEM installation disk for any version of Vista you could use that, or a copy, to reinstall using your OEM key on the laptop base. Download and store the Acer drivers for your laptop before you start the installation.

"Chaoskeeper56" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ab6198c8bff79356d00f98a213698be4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A friend of mine recently suggested to try out a operating system called
Ubuntu. I tried it, and i have to admit, it is rather....
interesting.... but I wanted to go back to vista. When i went to the
Operating system selector, i went to vista, and the default setup page
came up for my laptop, which is an Acer Aspire 5315 laptop. When i go to
the page, I tried to log in, but it wouldn't accept my password. so i
try a system restore, but i get an error, and it leaves the system
restore page. I would try a disk, but my laptop didn't come with one,
the vista stuff was all built in.

does anyone know how to help.

and yes, i understand that this happend due to my own stupidity, but i
would like to try to fix my problem anyway. thanks.

and i will try to get the error info. just give me some time to do so.

--
Chaoskeeper56

.