Re: Reinstalling Vista upgrade downloaded from Digital Locker

Here is a link for ISO burning software; get the V3 for vista

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Mick56" wrote:

The link you referred to ultimately leads you to the instructions I was
referring to in my first post, which refer to using an installation DVD. I
don't have a DVD, I do have the installation files in a folder on a 3rd hard
drive though. I'm worried that if I run the installation from that drive, at
some point the computer will restart, but because the installation files are
on that external drive and not on a DVD, the computer will just reboot into
XP and not continue with the install. The info on the link you provided does
not discuss this unfortunately.

So I guess I should phrase the question this way: Can I, while running XP
(on my C drive), run the Vista install/setup files on the external drive to
install Vista(on my D drive)? Thank you

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

Visit https://digitallocker.windowsmarketplace.com/locker.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
and click on the "Help" button located in the upper right corner.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mick56" <Mick56@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:43F32D2F-6C49-46F1-97D1-5AFB3947D134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm sorry if this is an obvious question. I have a dual boot system with XP
and Vista. Vista was purchased and downloaded via Digital Locker. I need to
reinstall Vista fresh, again as part of a dual boot. I still have my Digital
Locker info and I can download Vista again, but I don't think I have to as I
still have the original download on an external drive. Most of the "how to
reinstall Vista" info I have found on this cite refers to a CD or DVD, which
I don't have. Do I need to burn one? I don't remember if I had to do that
the first time I installed Vista.

Again, I need to do a fresh install of Vista using my downloaded Vista
Upgrade, as part of a dual boot system. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

  • Re: Visa Ultimate installation without DVD
    ... I asked him for the installation DVD he told me that he would supply recovery ... So it's imperative that you make a DVD copy of the part of the hard drive so that in case you loose the O/S, you can go to that DVD copy and reinstall the O/S. ... reinstall Vista again is that I cannot get even a simple 3D game to play on ...
  • P5E3 Deluxe WiFi/AP: Cant Find SATA Boot Device Error
    ... when trying to boot to a WIndows Vista 32-bit ... The DVD drive is set as ... The installation program then stated ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Problems reading Vista 64-Bit OS installation DVD after clone copy
    ... Also, I can read the Vista Ultimate 64-Bit OEM dvd in my notebook computer, just not my main computer. ... Does microsoft lock the vista installation oem dvd's if you install just once in a computer? ... I have a notebook computer and I inserted the Vista 64-Bit OS installation CD in the DVD drive. ...
  • Re: Vista Installation
    ... If you can boot an XP installation CD and cannot boot from a Vista installation DVD then I suspect that the problem may be with DVD head in the combo CD/DVD drive. ... >>> home premium using the upgrade version. ...
  • Re: installing 64 vista home premium
    ... The normal installation procedure would call for you to set your DVD as the 1st Boot device in the BIOS. ... Insert the Vista DVD and restart the system....watch for the message "push any key to start from DVD" ... "skudder" wrote in message ...