Re: Vista 64 clean install help

SlimShady wrote:
I'm attempting to do a clean install of x64 onto my Toshiba X205-S9349
and am having nothing but trouble. To clarify, I am attempting to
install new hard drives at the same time. I had gotten the new OS
installed and operating but couldn't locate drivers for my network
controller so I removed it. Now when I boot from the x64 disk it isn't
even seeing my hard drives.

Hopefully someone out there can help. I'm in Iraq so tech support is
somewhat limited out here.

Please make sure that you have the x64 drivers for your hardware (at least the network card) before you install the OS.

  • Re: re-install windows
    ... Before you install your new hard drive, you may want to take this ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... How to Defragment your hard drives ...
  • Re: blue screen
    ... By "not favorably", I'm referring to installation problems, not Win2K itself. ... My problem had NOTHING to do with the hard drives, cabling or the adapter/drivers for them. ... When the 7B problem really WAS with the hard drives, it was because I needed to furnish drivers for my HDD during the Windows Setup - often referred to as the "F6 floppy-disk shuffle" - and many other users have run into this, too, when installing Windows onto an HDD using an interface newer than the Windows installation disk. ... My GUESS that Win7's DVD-ROM will have all the drivers and other support files that you will need and that Win7 will install cleanly with no problems. ...
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • RE: FC2 Frist boot after clean Install
    ... Always a COMPLETELY clean install using Drive Image utility to erase ... all partitions and restore MBR. ... I compared the grub.conf files on each machine after the FC2 install. ... different Asus model motherboards and different hard drives (Seagates & ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: install an XP partition on a win2k system?
    ... install a removable HD in that bay. ... These mobile racks come in ... plop the hard drive into the removable tray, ... internally-installed hard drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)