Re: i have a cd...and a product key on the bottom of my laptop

No. The Windows Vista product key affixed to your laptop
is only valid with your computer manufacturer's recommended
recovery or reinstallation procedure or disc. Consult the
User's Guide that came with your laptop.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"onemanarmy427" <onemanarmy427@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i have a windows vista home premium cd.
it came with a product key but i already used that.
i wanna know if i can use that same cd to install windows vista but using a
different product key that displays under my laptop...???
help please?

  • Re: Unable to access Windows Vista
    ... My daughter's laptop has Windows Vista on it. ... Your windows vista home premium product key is entered incorrectly. ... With open source, you don't worry about licensing hassles. ...
  • Re: installing the anytime upgrade dvd
    ... the Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade ... DVD will only accept a RETAIL product key. ... will only work with an HP recovery disc or a generic Vista OEM disc. ...
  • Re: Unable to access Windows Vista
    ... My daughter's laptop has Windows Vista on it. ... Your windows vista home premium product key is entered incorrectly. ... Doesn't know how to get around MS OS limitations, I guess MS is useless OS. ...
  • Re: MSWord2000 and Vista
    ... WordPad has been included with the last several versions of Windows, not just Windows Vista. ... But you can download and install the free Word viewer from and use it to view and print your Word 2000 files. ... The old files came over fine, but all documents that were originally in Microsoft Word2000 format are now in some other format that can best be described as gibberish. ... Is there any way to obtain a product key that will allow me to install MSWord 2000 on my new DELL? ...