Re: how to allow drag and drop from explorer to dos prompt

In message <C63BD669-DCC0-4D11-B3EE-CD555EFC6167@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> "Colin
Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First of all it is not DOS. There is none in Windows 2000, XP, or Vista.
The command window is a text interface called a command line interpreter.
You cannot drag and drop graphical objects on a text window.

You could in 2000 and XP, but I don't see any way to enable this in
Vista.

  • Re: Windup
    ... It works better with more apps, UAC is vastly less ... irritating and you can drag and drop into a command window, ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Vista advantages
    ... I just did that with "drag and drop" from your reply in a command window and that for sure works in XP Pro, I do not have a Vista machine handy here at work. ... I also was able to drag a picture from the desktop and the command window translated that to the path to the actual picture and return opened it using the default program. ...
  • Re: Windup
    ... It works better with more apps, UAC is vastly less ... irritating and you can drag and drop into a command window, ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Docking command window and editor, side by side
    ... dock command window, and editor side by side vertically (one on the ... Click the title bar of the command window and drag it to where you ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)