Re: Performance Check during install

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:09:31 -0600, DevilsPGD
<spam_narf_spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<rant>Dear Microsoft.

Shoulda been "Dear Microsoft Customer".

There aren't any MS employees monitoring this area.

It would be really nice to avoid the whole performance check during
Vista's installation since the result isn't really useful until updated
drivers have been installed.

More importantly, for the love of Dancing Steve Balmer, ask me questions
at the start of the install, and at the end. If you insist on doing the
performance check, fine, but do it before prompting me for information.
</rant>

I spent the better part of the last two days rebuilding some Vista test
lab images, and have waited for the performance thing at least three
dozen times. Grrr.

Is there a trivial way to avoid/skip this step without learning how to
build unattended installations (yes, that's on the todo list too, but
I'm not there yet)

  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... you should see the Intel Drivers installed ... presence of the "Intel XXXXXXR SATA RAID Controller". ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... it already has the necessary drivers. ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ... NCQ, dedicated I/O, mirroring, striping, RAID or eSata. ... ICH5R - This is the original RAID-Array chipset. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Is onboard NIC kaput? (ipconfig output: Unable to query host name.)
    ... network properties, reboot, then reinstall. ... Have you tried updating your MB drivers? ... followed the installation instructions carefully and when all was said ... uninstalled the NIC in the Device Manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Winntsys32configsystemCED Error
    ... In the end it's probably for the best, she has a new stable installation. ... Sometimes it can be quite difficult to properly identify these devices, especially if they are from a lesser known vendor. ... From there you can go to the manufacturer's web site and find the proper drivers, that failing do a search for the drivers on the net. ... and reinstall Windows from scratch. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: XFX 8600GT Graphics Cards
    ... In the Bios there is a default setting and the default is always set to PCI. ... My User folder is 2.9 MB after a reinstall and after I created a new user profile for myself. ... about 280kb file that checks the DirectX installation on the computer. ... reinstalled the drivers 5 times, using 3 differnt driver versions its not the ...