Re: DVD/CD-Rom will not detect CD

Since you did not post the error message shown when this happens See if this MS KB will solve this issue. Follow the fix for your Upper and Lower filters

or

Peter

"HailFyrePaws" <HailFyrePaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AAE250A5-9C60-4F57-B4CA-EA86C73A1AC5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay, here's the situation: I recently got a laptop(recently, as in less than
six months ago), with Windows Vista Home Premium on it. I bought a microsoft
game--Zoo Tycoon 2 to be specific--and went to install it, but when I
inserted the game CD into the driver, nothing happens. I bring up My
Computer, and it shows nothing in the CD drive. I find this very strange,
considering two days ago, it would respond. Now, if I insert any
CD/DVD/game/etc. it doesn't do anything. I'd really appreciate any advice or
help.

Hailey
.