Re: DVD/CD-Rom will not detect CD

Since you did not post the error message shown when this happens See if this MS KB will solve this issue. Follow the fix for your Upper and Lower filters

or

Peter

"HailFyrePaws" <HailFyrePaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AAE250A5-9C60-4F57-B4CA-EA86C73A1AC5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay, here's the situation: I recently got a laptop(recently, as in less than
six months ago), with Windows Vista Home Premium on it. I bought a microsoft
game--Zoo Tycoon 2 to be specific--and went to install it, but when I
inserted the game CD into the driver, nothing happens. I bring up My
Computer, and it shows nothing in the CD drive. I find this very strange,
considering two days ago, it would respond. Now, if I insert any
CD/DVD/game/etc. it doesn't do anything. I'd really appreciate any advice or
help.

Hailey

  • Re: ntbackup.exe error Win 2003
    ... provide and publish a fix. ... > the logs. ... > When I reset the server and log on, I get the error message ... > I took a look at the files it wanted to send to Microsoft and it was ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: ntbackup.exe error Win 2003
    ... provide and publish a fix. ... > the logs. ... > When I reset the server and log on, I get the error message ... > I took a look at the files it wanted to send to Microsoft and it was ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: vb help immediately closes vb6 even with no project loaded
    ... Error message is always ... using HtmlHelp but this did not fix my problem. ... (244140 in Microsoft ... DLL Hell problems? ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.controls)
  • RE: Scrolling text no longer works
    ... Office program such as Microsoft Word 2002, you may experience one of the ... you receive the following error message: ... Maybe the "third-party" will issue a fix. ... > Windows XP SP2 install. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: OE no longers remembers the last path to saving attachments
    ... OK and I get this error message - user cancelled - which I have attached ... Geez I was so hoping this would fix it...lol ... It is a bug, Microsoft is aware of it, and it will be fixed in a soon to be ... MVP's do *NOT* work for Microsoft. ...