Re: Intel DG33BU motherboard and Vista Ultimate - audio driver issue
- From: Nonny <nonnymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:50:20 -0500
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:36:00 -0700, sand
I just built a new PC with the DG33BU (made for Vista) board running Vista
Ultimate. It has the latest BIOS and drivers from Intel except for the audio
driver. Sound works using the native OS driver, but when I try to install
the Intel driver filename: AUD_allOS_5605_PV_Realktek.exe the Windows Program
Compatibility Assistant pops up and says "This program has known
compatibility issues" and "Intel Audio Controller - Realtek Codec is
incompatible with this version of Windows."
If the audio works with the native driver, what then is the problem???
Calling Intel has done little to help (yet) - I've gotten troubleshooting
suggestions like "remove the board from the chassis" to "reinstall the OS"
and on my last round - they think there might be a hardware problem and are
suggesting the RMA route.
Given the nature of the error messages and the fact that my audio does work
(although without the Intel driver or associated control app) I don't really
think the issue is faulty hardware. Any suggestions?
Your board works as promised with Vista.
The new driver/software apparently doesn't. It's a driver problem.
- Prev by Date: how to stop vista being locked from remote desktop access
- Next by Date: RE: Help!!!! rar and zip files
- Previous by thread: how to stop vista being locked from remote desktop access
- Next by thread: Re: Intel DG33BU motherboard and Vista Ultimate - audio driver iss