Re: cant install Windows installer 3.1

internet updates is where you can get it

"kostya" <kostya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A9FE0267-9E88-4EFC-8996-A775A7ED3055@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i had some problems with my laptop so i had to run the System Operating CD to
fix my laptop, after that everything was fine and then i got a pop up saying
i need to install Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 so i clicked install but it
says it couldnt install for some reason and it said that the problem is that
it cant find the file D:\j386\WINNTUPG\NETUPGRD.DLL it asnt really and issue
to me untill now that i need to install a program and it requeres the Windows
installer 3.1, so please some one help me with this its really urgent, please
help.

  • RE: C0000135 Error WITHOUT SP2 Installed - Toshiba Laptop
    ... > The reason I'm not sure if it is/was installed is that it appears that it ... > may have been pushed to my laptop while it was unattended and then rebooted. ... it may have rebooted in mid-install or caused the install to fail in some ... > disabling services, etc, hoping that I could stumble upon a fix... ...
  • Re: bios password
    ... its a laptop so dont have that option ... You'll need to contact Dell support to fix that, and take it to a service ... And unless the other PC that you install from is very similar, ... change the boot sequence to set it to boot from cd and ive tried every ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • XP working not quite right.
    ... I have XP Professional installed on my laptop. ... VERITAS was attempting to install something. ... I'm concerned that the registry was corrupted somehow. ... How do I proceed to diagnose and fix these things? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • A wee install problem...
    ... Perhaps you guys might be able to fix something that HP can't... ... After the install (which was after I had received the machine back from ... a warranty repair for overheating and part failure due to the ... I first started loading fedora on the is laptop. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Password not working over internet
    ... There's a kb article on how to fix that, which I suspect might be equally ... applicable to a Virtual PC install. ... >>I could imagine the numlock on a laptop creating this symptom, ...