Very strange booting issue

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone encountered the same thing I did. I just did a
clean install of Vista ultimate, everything fine, then I decided to install
FSX, all with no problems. Then I created a second account so I could play
it without all the stuff loading up at startup like messenger, etc. It
played fine, but when I logged off to go back to my other main account, after
the password prompt, I get a black screen and a single instance of an
explorer windows open (opened to 'my documents' for some reason) no amount
of waiting gets me to explorer, I have to 'browse' from this windows to the
windows directory, click on the explorer icon and then, in second, explorer
loads and everything continues 'loading' as normal. Funnily, every time I
boot, after all this, I get Itunes loading up (I have an Iphone, so it sees
it and starts Itunes to sync it) Itunes acts as if it was the first time
running, with the little 'do you want itunes to manage your music?' window
and 'accept' 'decline' options, just at it does the first time you run it.
It was working fine before. Any ideas why this is happening? I don't
necessarily think it is Itunes, it just appears as if some elements of
shut-down are not registering, or this may be two separate issues, the blank
screen at boot up bothers me most.

  • Re: Piacular Windows Crash
    ... mind you that is explorer not iexplore. ... Sys still not boot properly. ... Operating System: Windows XP ... Do a clean install of Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Piacular Windows Crash
    ... mind you that is explorer not iexplore. ... Sys still not boot properly. ... Operating System: Windows XP ... Do a clean install of Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista - Explorer
    ... I get an error message when I open explorer. ... I have Norton installed, together with windows defender. ... specialty forums below OR back up your data and do a clean install of ... how to do a clean install, you can take your machine to a local computer ...
  • mp3 -> itunes title info incorrect
    ... Flash Gordon, etc.) in MP3 format. ... When I look at the files in Windows ... Explorer or iTunes "add files" dialogue, I see full and complete title info ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Multiple OSs
    ... Then delete the unwanted folders in explorer. ... Though you might be better advised to backup all data and do a clean install ... > My computer originally had Windows 98 loaded on it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)