Re: Is this a 32-Bit or 64-Bit version of Vista?

Only the 64bit Windows operating systems have both Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders. 32bit Windows OSs only have a Program Files folder. In a 64bit OS 32bit programs are installed in the Program Files (x86) folder and 64bit programs are installed in the Program Files folder. Therefore, you clearly have a 64bit version of Windows. If you press WinKey + Pause/Break you will see "64-bit Operating System" on the System Properties page under System/System Type.

"dumdum" <dumdum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0BA03844-78FC-4800-B98C-23F2F633F2C2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi - This is a stupid question, but I'm pretty stupid when it comes to
computers, I just hope someone is patient enough to answer it anyway.

I recently bought a PC online, and ordered it with the 64-Bit version of
Vista Home Premium. When it arrived I'm not sure if they installed the 32-Bit
or the 64-Bit version of the OS. I got suspicious because I have two 'Program
Files' folders, and one had '(x86) in brackets after it. I read online
somewhere that 'x86' refers to the 32-Bit version of the OS.

How can I definitively determin if my version of Windows Vista is the 32-Bit
or 64-Bit version?

Many thanks.

.