Re: 160 GB HDD

"Elly 455" <Elly 455@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:72998759-E830-4CF2-856F-7981B6484E6E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Day everyone ! I have a question. My computer has 160 GB HDD . bf
reformat i have 2 partision "C " n " D " however, after reformat to vista
ultimate and using 1 partision on my HDD ( C ) shows 79.8 GB free of 100 GB
it mean 60 GB is missing.
currently my computer is running in very good performance.

What's going on? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks n brdgs
Elly

If you just formatted the partitions, you didn't change any sizes. The existing partitions were used.

If you were intending to use the entire disk for one large partition, you needed to delete the partitions during the Vista install, and create one new one.

Now, you may be able to back up whatever is on the D partition (if anything), delete that partition, and expand the C partition.

HTH
-pk

  • Re: Dual Boot VIsta Ultimate and XP Home
    ... intend to dual boot XP and Vista, ... Deleting it would also free up a Primary partition. ... "Don't use Gparted to add or delete logical drives to/from a Vista- ... beforehand and point the Vista install to that partition. ...
  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... I ended up reinstalling Vista, ... The boot SECTOR is not the bootLOADER. ... finds the partition table for that HDD and sees that the first partition is ... violated, we no longer can simply install WinXP, install Vista and ...
  • Re: Puzzling Problems -- Pulling Hair
    ... WinXP testbed (a small partition where I try out things before ... But when Vista loaded, my beautiful Dreamscene ... But I had a backup of the Vista partition, ... So I disconnected all four of my hard drives, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Puzzling Problems -- Pulling Hair
    ... WinXP testbed (a small partition where I try out things before ... But when Vista loaded, my beautiful Dreamscene ... But I had a backup of the Vista partition, ... So I disconnected all four of my hard drives, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Puzzling Problems -- Pulling Hair
    ... WinXP testbed (a small partition where I try out things before ... But when Vista loaded, my beautiful Dreamscene ... But I had a backup of the Vista partition, ... So I disconnected all four of my hard drives, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)