Re: hi, HD problem

Have you run chkdsk to check and repair the file system on the drive?

Right click on the drive's icon in Computer and choose Properties/Tools and "check volume for errors." Leave the "automaticall fix file system errors" checked and click Start.

"Jyn" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6750a21b8134d7a4e9d562705806d200@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

there's no error message, & the HD lights up when i plug it in, but my
computer isn't reading it. it's been like this since earlier when i was
playing a game i have installed on it, & suddenly the game froze & it
stopped reading

--
Jyn

  • Re: Chkdsk always checks ps scratchdisk?
    ... > will 'fix' bad sectors as well as file system errors. ... > e.g. CHKDSK H: /F will check and if necessary repair file system ... /R will do as above AND check for bad sectors on the disk ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.photoshop)
  • Re: File System Structure Problem - Need Help
    ... says needs to restart to run say yes....keep saying yes till it restarts and ... it will check and fix any/most file system errors ... "This happens due to an error in the file system structure that causes ... Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it? ...
  • Re: FSCK errors - strange response from SUN
    ... After fixing file system errors, can the log file lose the header ... The superblock stores file system summary information. ... number of inodes, free block count, and free inode count. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • chkdsk
    ... Any advice on running the CHKDSK with the/f option to fix ... file system errors on my laptop? ... told I have to run the chkdsk first to fix the file system ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • File system read only
    ... Anyone know why a file system would be changed to read only and how it may ... file system errors to get the machine to boot. ... To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list ...
    (Fedora)