Re: Vista Home to Ultimate

You cannot downgrade. You may be able to restore your computer from a backup you made before you started the upgrade or to factory condition if you purchased the computer with VHP preinstalled. You do not give any of the info a person needs to help you, though. You need to say what the make and model of the computer is and whether your Vista is x86 or x64.

You need to tell us in what way Office is not working. You cannot reinstall Office from Windows.old. You can only retrieve data files from that folder.

Why did you overwrite by doing a custom install over VHP with Vista Ultimate instead of doing the upgrade installation? The upgrade choice would not have rolled everthing up into a windows.old folder. Your apps would not have to be reinstalled.

"Joanna" <Joanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A4439874-6D5B-4BE2-AF90-011C15F33FDA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i upgrade. nothing works.
including ms office
how can i either retrive programs from the windows.old catalog or to
downgrade?

"Jeff Kerry" wrote:

I have an upgrade package to Ultimate.

Before I install it, need to know if I will have to reinstall all my
programs on the computer.

Does the upgrade package delete all other programs installed or just the OS
and still have your programs work as before.

Tks
Jeff

  • Re: Requesting some leniency on your piracy protection program ple
    ... If Windows is retail, not at all. ... You can reinstall, upgrade, move to a different computer all you want ... If I can install the OS on the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Reinstalling Office XP Professional Udgrade
    ... Good question -- I originally installed the XP upgrade just fine but recently ... I tried to get SP2 for XP to download (along ... When I tried to install this version of SP2 my PC ... Based on your response to my question are you suggesting that I reinstall my ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Front Page crashing was only the beginning
    ... You have an upgrade version. ... You need to install the one you upgraded from, ... When this didn't work I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. ... Check" pop up that says "Setup failed to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Web vs. Desktop based systems
    ... provider with better privacy policy (perhaps Yahoo) also provides ... to other folder or reporting spam or changing the filter recipes. ... But how do you *really* know the important upgrade that keeps ... The alert-window doesn't exactly say *why* you need to install this ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Activation question
    ... I've reinstalled XP numerous times & activated online with no problems. ... I'm Learning many methods to clean install XP such as on single & multiple partitons senarios, Multi OS's, network installations, automated installs using answer files. ... I use a purchased XP Pro Upgrade. ... Here "reinstall" could only be enforced for the counters if the registry were left in place; i.e., the reinstall is an upgrade or in-place upgrade. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)