Visit: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download
the "offline" version" and install.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

"frisbee" <frisbee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A26CEB5C-7F41-4CE0-A18B-FEEE8E17FF6D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to install Java but keep getting this message--installation
package can't be opened. Verify the package exists. Contact the application
vendor to verify that there is an installer package-- What do I need to do to
install Java???
blizzard

  • Re: [Installing Java] Re: Installation Doubts by Beginner
    ... I'm trying to install Java in my computer, but when I try to run ... Google (it's a Google search engine on the pages). ... I ran into problems installing jre as a plugin for firefox using ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • [Installing Java] Re: Installation Doubts by Beginner
    ... I'm trying to install Java in my computer, but when I try to run "rpm" ... Google (it's a Google search engine on the pages). ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Usenet ap?
    ... install Java too. ... So how much room does this newsreader costs you? ... I do have a dialup modem for my Palm, but I'm on broadband and no broadband option with my current Palm IIIc setup. ...
    (comp.sys.palmtops.pilot)
  • Re: java for jabref
    ... worth it to me to install Java: ... Jbidwatcher is a Ebay auction manager, ... utility for building Java2 related Debian packages This package provides the capability to create a debian package from a Java2 distribution by just running make-jpkg. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Sun Java Installation Issues
    ... I used Synaptic to install java as I am still an ubuntu ... I have had a look at my Firefox browser in the addons and can ...
    (Ubuntu)