Re: i have a cd...and a product key on the bottom of my laptop

I'm committing fraud by installing an operating system on my own computer?

Oh my, someone call the news media.

I didn't know it was fraud to install something on ones own computer.

Let me make it simple for you.

The Retail and OEM discs are the same image.

Do a binary comparison genius.

This isn't XP days.

The discs are one and the same.

If you don't believe me go buy an OEM disc from newegg and then do a binary comparison.

They will come up with the same CRC.

What you're talking about is restore discs which are not the same.

So long story short, I use an OEM (the same type you can buy at newegg) disc coupled with my Retail key because they are the same disc.

I just don't happen to have any retail discs with SP1 already included.

I do happen to have the ISO images that MS provided us with at the end of the SP1 beta as well.

That's how I know that the binaries match up, bit for bit.

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#aieodXzIHA.4848@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shane Nokes wrote:
No there's not.

I have an OEM disc that I use for my retail installs ....

That's a flat out contradiction. OEM and retail are mutually exclusive terms. If you're selling OEM installations as retail licensed, you've been committing fraud in a big, big way.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

  • Re: Installing Panther on A G3 Imac 350 with System 9
    ... I assume I need the retail version. ... The 10.3 discs aren't as fussy as the 10.4 discs. ... early iBook G4 CDs that I use for installing onto any machine ... in the old iMac. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Problems installing FC6
    ... Took all the discs to the place where the system is located. ... At the prompt I typed the following: ... The big thing that makes it seem odd: installing Fedora usually works ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problems installing FC6
    ... Took all the discs to the place where the system is located. ... At the prompt I typed the following: ... The big thing that makes it seem odd: installing Fedora usually works ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Using Totally Mad C/Ds on iMac G5
    ... I suggest you create a new virtual drive with Win98SE, make a backup copy and try installing MAD again. ... Have installed Win 98se into VPC and loaded Totally ... My whole purpose to purchasing VPC was to use these discs. ... Does anyone have any ideas that would get the Mad discs program to run? ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Installing IIS
    ... boss doesn't keep track of discs. ... designed for XP Pro, not Vista. ... difference between installing IIS and configuring IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)