Re: Product Key & OEM ID

Office XP is the name of the suite of productivity applications.

It is not an operating system.

To be honest I would really recommend hiring someone who is an IT person.

Not to make you feel bad, but someone who isn't trained on this stuff should never be forced into that sort of position.

It's just asking for trouble.

"Novice2000" <Novice2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:980CB72D-594A-48B1-86B0-C3508C4F65A0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
I have inherited anything computer in my office and my knowledge is limited.
Can someone explain to me about Product Keys on crystals, Product Key
Certificates of Authenticity on the tower, and the OEM code in System
Properties? How can you match them up?

Doing some recent updates on the computers in our office, I discovered two
machines still have Windows 2000. They were all supposed to have been
upgraded with XP, but obviously weren't.

This is a really stupid question, but I was given a box full of software for
Office XP Professional. Is this the same as Windows XP Professional? Is it
included in the CD or is it something that was installed separately? I do not
see nay software labeled Windows XP Professional.

  • Re: Product Key & OEM ID
    ... Can someone explain to me about Product Keys on crystals, ... Is this the same as Windows XP Professional? ... see nay software labeled Windows XP Professional. ...
  • Re: I want to migrate to Linux
    ... Microsoft considers the x86 platform to still be what it was when it was ... Dirty Operating System"; not to be confused with the Q-DOS ... 1.x versions had a GUI called Presentation Manager, from which the Windows ... Thompson has stated that GNU/Linux and cousins are all de facto UNIX ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Newbie to WCE!
    ... Windows CE, which is a full-blown operating system, just like Windows XP, ... the chip maker for the BSP if they have one (there ... All I want to know is can I buy a microcontroller chip (One of the chips ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • [Full-disclosure] - IRISH VIRUS - DoS Security Bypass and System access
    ... THE operating system ... Apple Computer Apple DOS ... Windows CE ... LOLDONGS Research, a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Banned Town Security ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat
    ... re-install has happened more than that. ... Heck, even Steve Ballmer, CEO for Microsoft needs to re-install Windows ... We have an enterprise grade firewall behind the router. ... The main problems I encounter again and again are with clueless operators who've ignored repeated instructions about dangerous surfing practices and clicking on attachments - those are the two most common causes of problems - are they caused by the operating system? ...
    (Fedora)