Re: Product Key & OEM ID

ok, now you're not getting any help.

If you'll noticed I jumped all over nonny for being rude to you.

I was merely stating that if it's not your field then to get someone in there whose field it is.

Also to be honest (now that you've been rude) if you can't figure out something as simple as what these items are then your talents have to lie completely outside of the realm of computing.

Don't ask for help and then get rude.

"Novice2000" <Novice2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1755B9E3-9901-4CAC-B68D-06D83B604223@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I said it was a dumb question. We have IT people on the outside. All I am
trying to prevent is installing a Windows XP update on a computer when it has
already been installed on another.

Did not expect to be derided as a complete idiot. I actually have talents in
other areas not having to do with installing software. But, if that is how
some people entertain themselves then have at it. I have other resources.

"Shane Nokes" wrote:

Office XP is the name of the suite of productivity applications.

It is not an operating system.

To be honest I would really recommend hiring someone who is an IT person.

Not to make you feel bad, but someone who isn't trained on this stuff should
never be forced into that sort of position.

It's just asking for trouble.

> Hello,
> I have inherited anything computer in my office and my knowledge is
> limited.
> Can someone explain to me about Product Keys on crystals, Product Key
> Certificates of Authenticity on the tower, and the OEM code in System
> Properties? How can you match them up?
>
> Doing some recent updates on the computers in our office, I discovered > two
> machines still have Windows 2000. They were all supposed to have been
> upgraded with XP, but obviously weren't.
>
> This is a really stupid question, but I was given a box full of > software
> for
> Office XP Professional. Is this the same as Windows XP Professional? Is > it
> included in the CD or is it something that was installed separately? I > do
> not
> see nay software labeled Windows XP Professional.

  • Re: Are XP home licenses language-bound?
    ... Product Keys are not interchangeable when installing a different ... "Full Version" of Windows XP Home Edition and use the license ... | install and installing XP Home English instead, ...
  • Re: Reinstall 2K Pro: Legal key not valid?
    ... finish installing Windows on it because it's rejecting three legal Windows product keys. ... I cannot spend the $245 dollars for telephone support or even the $99 they charge for email support. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: What is the more popular UNIX flavor?
    ... about my experience with Solaris and Cygwin. ... installing packages. ... needing eg tftp you only need to activate on a Unix system. ... probably need installing first on the equivalent Windows system. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: Starting again with a 2 year old XP version. Updates question
    ... Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows) ... I also noted that it wouldnt shut down after installing SP2 - ... > Security Update for Windows XP ... > can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Starting again with a 2 year old XP version. Updates question
    ... Security Update for Windows XP ... You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)