Re: Product Key & OEM ID

ok, now you're not getting any help.

If you'll noticed I jumped all over nonny for being rude to you.

I was merely stating that if it's not your field then to get someone in there whose field it is.

Also to be honest (now that you've been rude) if you can't figure out something as simple as what these items are then your talents have to lie completely outside of the realm of computing.

Don't ask for help and then get rude.

"Novice2000" <Novice2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1755B9E3-9901-4CAC-B68D-06D83B604223@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I said it was a dumb question. We have IT people on the outside. All I am
trying to prevent is installing a Windows XP update on a computer when it has
already been installed on another.

Did not expect to be derided as a complete idiot. I actually have talents in
other areas not having to do with installing software. But, if that is how
some people entertain themselves then have at it. I have other resources.

"Shane Nokes" wrote:

Office XP is the name of the suite of productivity applications.

It is not an operating system.

To be honest I would really recommend hiring someone who is an IT person.

Not to make you feel bad, but someone who isn't trained on this stuff should
never be forced into that sort of position.

It's just asking for trouble.

.