home prem 64-bit down to business 32-bit

plan on purchasing new pc with home premium 64-bit installed. the
$3,500 legal software on "old" pc won't run home premium 64-bit, but
will on business 32-bit. the pc I am looking at is prebuilt, $2,000
less than one cusom built albeit not as fancy. any help is greatly
appreciated.

--
inadmissible

  • Re: Vista Upgrade from XP-pro
    ... My scan also recommended the "business" edition but I ... was that the "premium" Home edition was a replacement for the XP-Pro. ... "Based on our scan of your system, Windows Vista Business ... I clicked on the Home Premium button. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What upgrade
    ... You're probably better off upgrading to Ultimate. ... Business is not. ... Is the 32 or 64 bit version of Home Premium installed? ... to find ALL XP drivers for that Vista PC, ...
  • Re: how to upgrade to vista business
    ... Why can you upgrade Basic to Business, ... Business has to be a clean install? ... Mad Mike ... As Malke says in her reply, it's because of the features in Home Premium, ie the Media Centre etc. Business does not have them, so in some ways it could be considered a "downgrade", ie less functionality. ...
  • RE: What EXACTLY is on a Dell Vista OS DVD?
    ... Home Premium does not. ... What EXACTLY is on a Dell Vista OS DVD? ... Legally you can't do it as the Business version is not for your XPS, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Install Vista Business 64 on machine with Vista Home Premium 64 on it
    ... upgrade using my new copy of Vista Business 64? ... Will I lose the "Home" features that came with Home Premium? ... You can do an upgrade, but 64 bit Vista will only do a clean ...