Re: XP Death Watch

I will implement Vista on our corporate network once I get the release
from each vendor about its full support. Staying with 2000 or before
is just stupid. They lack the security features to protect your
clients. If you are a software vendor writing code, you need to get up
to XP soon. You can't stay behind the curve with OS. You will be
missing out on newer Vista capable software.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney
'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)

Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
16GB DDR667
SAS RAID
eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card

  • Re: Replacing Vista with XP
    ... Vista, and would like to replace it with XP. ... You may find your vendor doesn't provide XP ... If you own a retail license you'll be able to install that onto a new ... is but a dream within a dream. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: XP Death Watch
    ... If you are a software vendor writing code, ... Upgrade all the hardware so it can run it at considerable expense ... test each and every device to see if it actually works with vista; ... functionality that you now have. ...
  • Re: OT: Vista (Nobeltec definitely does not work on VISTA)
    ... lazy or cheap suppliers of application software and drivers. ... serious vendor was well aware of the development of VISTA and had the ... I've had fewer and smaller problems with VISTA than with any other MS OS ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT: Vista (Nobeltec definitely does not work on VISTA)
    ... lazy or cheap suppliers of application software and drivers. ... serious vendor was well aware of the development of VISTA and had the ... If they were really lazy and cheap, they would dump MS and let the Linux community develop their drivers. ... I've had fewer and smaller problems with VISTA than with any other MS OS I have beta tested or installed, and I've messed with all of them. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT: Vista
    ... Most VISTA problems are the result of installing over an existing Win XP ... my beloved wife is CFO of one of our local banks. ... vendor warning her to avoid switching from XP to VISTA for the time ...
    (rec.boats)