Re: Dual boot XP & Vista question

"Bobby" wrote:
I purchased a Dell laptop with Vista Home Premium on it and some of
my older Xp software won't work on it. I would like to install XP on
a separate partition and have a multi boot system, but am having issues.
I created a partition on my hard drive, but when I try to install XP - it
tells me I already have a newer version of Windows and won't do an
install.....If I try to boot from the CD and install that way it tells me it
can't find a hard disk to install to.

Search Google with the words "install XP after Vista".
You'll get tons of hits.

*TimDaniels*

  • Re: Can no-one help?
    ... > In article, Darrell Stec ... My /home is not on a separate partition. ... help him pick out a PDA. ... got wiped out on your new install. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Dual Boot System
    ... store a lot of information in logs for run a server or something like that. ... I never use to install the \boot in a separate partition. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: World of Warcraft in Vista
    ... through ALL of its memory during game play). ... main drive (the WoW drive has 15/30 gigs being used right now). ... Is the problem being caused by WoW being on a separate partition? ... install). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: Kubuntu new version
    ... My question is can I just install 7.04 or must I delete ... I have been given to understand that you can upgrade the in place distro - ... I created a /home partition on the drive when I did a clean install of 7.04, and even had to re-install 7.04 after some mucking about and having a separate partition for /home was a lifesaver. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: VBA Code organizer
    ... What you need is a separate partition on your drive and ... I have multiple Excel versions installed and have separate partitions for xl2003 and earlier ... hard drive so I could install xl2010. ... (List Files XL add-in: finds and lists files/folders with hyperlinks) ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)