Re: Can't uninstall Antivirus 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 04:03:00 -0700, Mick Murphy
<MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DL, careful what you put here!

I advised a poster to use Spybot Search & Destroy, and they googled it!
The 1st listing is Spybot(a spyware program!!!), and they infected their
machine!

They posted back abusing me, instead of blaming themselves for not following
my advice correctly!
A lot of enquirers just pick up on the 1st word, which is what you posted!!

Nevermind DL. He's delerious - or drunk.

Googling ONLY "spybot" I get umpteen URLs leading to the home site or
to highly-regarded and SAFE download sites.

  • Re: Cant uninstall Antivirus 2008
    ... I advised a poster to use Spybot Search & Destroy, ... The 1st listing is Spybot(a spyware program!!!), ...
  • Re: strange windows behaviour.
    ... Spybot Search & Destroy is a good tool to use in ... and other obnoxious spewing stuff. ... it may also nail Windows Media Player as spyware. ... >> windows machines on our residential network begin ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: spyware infected
    ... You probably don't have a virus...you've got spyware. ... MS Anti-Spyware ... SpyBot Search and Destroy ... Download a program called winsockxpfix in case the repairs break your ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: svchost.exe taking up 100% of systme resources
    ... >spybot search and destroy and a couple others that I ... And HijackThis at least monthly. ... Now check for, and remove, spyware. ... spyware builds itself into the network software, and its removal may damage your ...
  • Re: I found spyware on my pc, now what?
    ... type of scumware) are Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search ... It's even possible to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your ... perform manual scans every week or so to clean out cookies, ... I thought this may have been some sort of spyware ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)