Re: Can't uninstall Antivirus 2008

On Jun 15, 7:03 am, Mick Murphy <MickMur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
DL, careful what you put here!

I advised a poster to use Spybot Search & Destroy, and they googled it!
The 1st listing is Spybot(a spyware program!!!), and they infected their

They posted back abusing me, instead of blaming themselves for not following
my advice correctly!
A lot of enquirers just pick up on the 1st word, which is what you posted!!
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

This is true of some shareware utilities;

Someone has bought a similar domain name possibly adding " 2008 " or
random mumvers at the end.

these sites contains spyware / browser hijackers, etc.

- So be careful on what you click on and download

"DL" wrote:
Try SpyBot together with Adaware, both free.

McAfee should have the ability to remove it, most decent AV apps will do so.
Is MS Defender functioning on your PC?

"zpr95" <zp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I tried to uninstall Antivirus 2008 on my computer. I tried nearly
but nothing seems to work. I am not even sure how it got on my computer.
It is stopping me from going online, and says i have tons of viruses.
I don't. :/
I already have a virus protection program (McAfee from AOL)
How do I uninstall it completely!!!??? I REALLY need help.
Please respond ASAP!!!