Re: Can't uninstall Antivirus 2008

On Jun 15, 7:03 am, Mick Murphy <MickMur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
DL, careful what you put here!

I advised a poster to use Spybot Search & Destroy, and they googled it!
The 1st listing is Spybot(a spyware program!!!), and they infected their
machine!

They posted back abusing me, instead of blaming themselves for not following
my advice correctly!
A lot of enquirers just pick up on the 1st word, which is what you posted!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

This is true of some shareware utilities;

Someone has bought a similar domain name possibly adding " 2008 " or
random mumvers at the end.

these sites contains spyware / browser hijackers, etc.

- So be careful on what you click on and download

"DL" wrote:
Try SpyBot together with Adaware, both free.

McAfee should have the ability to remove it, most decent AV apps will do so.
Is MS Defender functioning on your PC?

"zpr95" <zp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I tried to uninstall Antivirus 2008 on my computer. I tried nearly
everthing,
but nothing seems to work. I am not even sure how it got on my computer.
It is stopping me from going online, and says i have tons of viruses.
I don't. :/
I already have a virus protection program (McAfee from AOL)
How do I uninstall it completely!!!??? I REALLY need help.
Please respond ASAP!!!

  • Re: I found spyware on my pc, now what?
    ... type of scumware) are Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search ... It's even possible to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your ... perform manual scans every week or so to clean out cookies, ... I thought this may have been some sort of spyware ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Spyware???
    ... scumware) are Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search & ... Destroy from www.safer-networking.org/. ... It's even possible to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your ... PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help ...
  • Re: Help!!!
    ... scumware) are Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search & ... Destroy from www.safer-networking.org/. ... It's even possible to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your ... PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help ...
  • Re: Value creation failed at line 422
    ... See www.lavasoftusa.com for AdAware 6 Personal and www.safer-networking.org for Spybot Search and Destroy. ... Use these utilities to remove any spyware found on your system. ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need opinions on the best Spyware removal utility
    ... > I used to run Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy daily. ... > spyware installations. ... Since doing so, Spybot Search and Destroy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)