Re: Product Key

"lhyn" <lhyn_1006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:FA1DBDA2-EFFD-4209-81B7-E63A3EDC7122@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just Installed WindowS Vista Ultimate on my computer but after
installation, a black screen appears on my desktop and windows activation
windows appear asking for a product key..I cant find my product key all I
have is the Product ID...I tried also the input the product key # which is an
attached label found on my computer but it doest work....please someone help
me regarding this because I cant activate and use my computer.

Where did you get Vista Ultimate? Contact the source for the correct key. The key on the label on your computer is for whatever Windows was supplied with the computer when new, and will not work with VU. If you purchased VU retail, contact Microsoft (be prepared to provide proof of purchase).

  • Re: Xp Pro product key
    ... You purchased a new system that already had Windows XP installed. ... Did you also purchase a Retail or Upgrade copy of Windows XP ... O/S was installed but required me to enter my product key into the ... installation, there is no need to use the CD. ...
  • Re: OEM Product Key
    ... have purchased an OEM copy of Windows XP Professional around 2 years ago. ... So I tried doing the repair install but for one I do not have a floppy drive ... there is no product key on the book or enevelope. ... was just on a loose sheet of paper with the Proof of purchase. ...
  • Re: Can/How transfer XP to a new computer?
    ... I upgrade to Vista. ... Product Key with any other Windows XP CD. ... need to purchase a new "Full Version" of Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows XP Serial Numbers
    ... > attempt to completely reinstall Windows. ... > don't have any CDs to do this. ... > I have proof of purchase of my PC. ... If you can't locate the sticker with the Product Key on it try one of these ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: lost key
    ... to jimmy s wrote: ... cant find the product key on the box am i screwed again had to buy new one ... If your Windows XP is still bootable even in Safe Mode then try Magic ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)