Re: upgrading Vista Business Sp1 to Vista Ultimate

"Bill R" <BillR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#2EoyV1zIHA.5472@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I'm purchasing a Laptop that comes with Vista Business SP1 installed. I have valid MSDN licenses for Vista Ultimate and intend to upgrade the Laptop to Vista Ultimate.
The problem is that I only have Ultimate RTM disks without SP1 - MSDN Subscription has expired so I can't download an Ultimate SP1 image.

Will Vista Business SP1 upgrade with a Vista Ultimate RTM disc? I'm hoping the upgrade will look for additional files online during the upgrade process.

I'm aware I could just format and install Vista Ultimate clean or try my own slipstream of Ultimate RTM with SP1.

thanks!

I have not tried what you want to do, but prior experience with XP leads me to think it won't work. I think you'll get a message somewhat along the lines of "the installed version is later...".

.