Re: Can I get a refund for Vista?

Guess you didn't read the label:
"Verify compatibility with 64-bit services prior to purchase."

That said, you could probably have the manufacturer send you the 32-bit
version.
(For a nominal fee to cover shipping and handling.)

You could take the computer back to the dealer and maybe swap it for
something comparable in 32-bit.

But, to get a credit for just the OS being incompatible. Not likely.

"John Henckel" <John Henckel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I bought a new pc with Vista-64 ultimate OEM installed. But now I
discovered
that I cannot use it, because I need Cisco VPN IPSec Client to connect to
work, and Cisco does not support Vista 64.

So my question is. Can I get a refund on Vista, or a credit toward
purchase
of XP Pro, or can I resell Vista to someone else?

thanks, john

  • Re: Can I get a refund for Vista?
    ... The computer and the OS are licensed as a single unit. ... "Verify compatibility with 64-bit services prior to purchase." ... to get a credit for just the OS being incompatible. ... and Cisco does not support Vista 64. ...
  • Re: OT: Kodak AC adaptor failure
    ... The market doesn't want it. ... The manufacturer can cut costs if they build more of some particular ... The consumer, faced with a purchase decision, will only see the ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Encase Forensic
    ... remind the manufacturer, and if Rifaat justly oughts it too, the ... alteration will purchase according to the overseas sentence. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Valid Product Keys for Windows XP SP2 Professional Volume License Edition
    ... I suppose Microsoft and Windows. ... If you purchase nothing from a single manufacturer and use nothing from a single manufacturer, you did not "steal" anything from them, you simply denied them their sale. ... Could Microsoft make some better 'packages', such as selling a less expensive "family license"? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 06-23-06 PAYPAL - trying to pay by Creditcard, cant find how to select option
    ... vs credit card deal in the help forums. ... purchase and find out that I'm in a "chase your tail" mess. ... Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)