Re: Ten Reasons Not to buy Microsoft Vista at this time

On Jun 17, 3:52 pm, youngme <youngme.3b6...@no-
mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
The reason I can compare vista to macs is because my husband owns a mac
and as much as we are both on the computer, I've noticed since he has
gotten a mac he has had NO issues big or small with installs, downloads,
nor viruses. I, however, had problems with downloads and installs that
weren't vista compatible. I just RECENTLY got flash player to work on my
vista. so I can speak from experience and proof according to my
situation. I also happen to get Vista when it FIRST came out. So I knew
that I was going to have some issues with other software
compatibilities. Now that the major gliches have been fixed and more
websites are having program installs vista compatible, it's been an
easier journey.

--
youngme

-~ Yme

-" There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore
like an idiot."

( Quote from another thread)

On Jun 15,
wrote:
Hi, I am using Vista Home Premium. I loaded a program (which had a 30 day
trial) and because I didn't register it within the 30 days, it won't
function. That is understandable. However, I have the disk, registration
number and serial number but whenever I uninstall and reinstall the program,
it says I have 0 days left and even though I put in the registration details,
it ignores it. I am guessing that somewhere in the computer's memory, there
is something that says this is not a new installation. How can I completely
clean this up and start again from scratch? Many thanks.
--

It's this sort of reaction to Vista that makes me wish that Microsoft
would just

- Or allow someone else tht right to do it..

In the mean time, Ubuntu runs flawlessly on the other partition of my
rebuilt XP Box..

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/17/12TC-vista-versus-xp_6.html

- Save Windows XP

  • Re: Vista WMP11 cant open media web links
    ... OK first off I'd wonder if you'd installed vista ultimate over the ... previously installed home edition on the PC. ... "upgrade" installs as I often worry about crumbs of the old OS left ... Scroll down the list and under choose a default media player, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Vista continuously freezes for a few seconds, please HELP!!!
    ... I can't belie it because I had Nod32 ... I'm still running Windows Defender along with my new Kaspersky, ... It seems to be a Vista problem from what I'm reading from ... problem even after several clean Vista Installs. ...
  • Re: Vista continuously freezes for a few seconds, please HELP!!!
    ... I just downloaded the Windows Malicious Software Removal ... I can't belie it because I had Nod32 ... It seems to be a Vista problem from what I'm reading from ... problem even after several clean Vista Installs. ...
  • Re: Problem loading ndis6 light weight filter sample in WDK.
    ... I have a NDIS 6 LWF that I just installed on Vista 5600 (RC1). ... It is currently loaded using something like SNetCfg instead of the control panel, but the LWF certainly installs OK. ... Some fields were added to some data structures, etc. "Net" result was that some Vista WDK/OS combinations would not work correctly - but I don't recall a failure at install time. ...
  • Re: Installing Access 2000 or Access 2003 using Vista
    ... mention that I actually had done the installs and they work for me. ... Since I already had an A2000 version of my app, ... it was easier to just upgrade them than try to fix some pesky problem I ... that earlier Access will not run on Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.setupconfig)