Re: Error loading operating system

And in the BIOS the SATA drive boot order is set right???

peter

"Flime" <Flime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3E8FF9D5-2968-41D1-AD56-8AA18F2E5DB9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I built this system
EVGA 750i SLI MB- Intel Duo Core Quad 6700 CPU - EVGA 9800GTX- Samsung 750GB
SATA HDD. 2 Opticle drives SATA & Logitech G15 keyboard. I have all current &
appropriate drivers for Vista 64 Bit OS.

I initially insatlled Win XP (32bit) while waiting for Vista (64bit) to get
here. I originally had a partition, but I deleted partitions & reformat to
install Vista on one primary drive.

Now on initial start I get 'error loading operating system' but when I
restart PC it boots up ok. I have Googled & employed numerous suggestions
regarding BIOS setting for SATA HDD to Large, Boot priority..ect. I have
tried reformating HD & repartition again, all no help.

My system works, it just gives me the error when I turn on the PC after it's
been off-but boots up ok when doing re-starts. Anyone help with this? I'm
considering going back to WinXP & just write off the $$ spent on Vista.
Please help frustrated PC novice.

  • Re: XP Pro wont boot, safemode wont help, recovery console doesnt h
    ... Win XP Pro installed on a 300GB SATA drive, ... When trying to boot it gets to the standard Windows logo and after ... new install, which AFAIK would wipe the drive). ... the SATA HDD listed in Device Manager in the "Disk drives" section? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Pro wont boot, safemode wont help, recovery console doesnt h
    ... Win XP Pro installed on a 300GB SATA drive, ... When trying to boot it gets to the standard Windows logo and after ... new install, which AFAIK would wipe the drive). ... drives" section? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Multiple Vista boot options
    ... There would be a boot sector on both the XP and Vista drives. ... My goal was to install XP Pro on Drive 1 rather than Drive 0. ...
  • Re: Installing 7 and drive Letters
    ... Now Vista and Win 7 both recognize Partition names and letters as the same. ... I forgot how to change how many seconds you have to select Vista or Win 7 on Boot. ... So if you've used Vista to assign the letter E: to the first partition on your second HDD, you can point Setup to that partition. ... "drives" are assigned LETTERS. ...
  • Re: M2N-SLI Deluxe Raid setup questions
    ... If you have a functioning win hd that was previously connected to the sata ... If you cloned an ide boot drive to your sata, you would in any case need to ... Sata controlers are by design hotswapable, but you cannot hot swap / stop ... drives started clicking and then they died. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)