Re: Dual boot: Vista and Vista on 2 Hard Drives?

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote:
I'm running Vista on two hard drives, one at a time, on the same computer.
The second install activated with no problems. One drive is effectively a
backup of the other, without the random junk.

For the installer to make a dual-boot menu, it has to see
the other pre-existing OS, so both hard drives have to be
connected when the 2nd OS is being installed on the 2nd HD.

*TimDaniels*

  • Re: RAID, SCHMAID.......
    ... And risky to change it later without a full image backup. ... partition, & then restore only the OS, but still verydoable. ... partition before an install of something you havent installed before, ... but so many ppl make a mess of things esp with today's big drives. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Need help installing OS6 on Dell PowerEdge 2600 with PERC4/Di RAID
    ... >>> on the Backup Edge overnight backup to restore the system ... > like a fresh install and porting their application and data to the new system. ... PATA connector usable for two PATA drives. ... After downloading drivers from both SCO and Dell to create the ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: RAID, SCHMAID.......
    ... And risky to change it later without a full image backup. ... partition, & then restore only the OS, but still verydoable. ... And to work out the complexitys with a canned OS install ... but so many ppl make a mess of things esp with today's big drives. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Anyone using Iomega REV for SBS Backup?
    ... are there any issues/gotchas with using SBS Backup for restore ... We use Rev drives on lots of our SBS installations after experiencing lots ... install any of the Iomega drivers and just use Filestreamer RM. ... not so costly for DAT but Travan tapes are very expensive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows XP migration to new hardware
    ... You would then need to run a repair install to install the mobo chipset and ... The backup utility is no good for backing up an installation. ... drives in a non-RAID configuration. ... the migration goes well on day 1, but on day 5 I realize something bad ...