Re: "Windows Setup experienced an unexpected error - Error Code: 0x0"

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=;103773 Wrote:
Hello,

I purchased Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade Edition and
installed a
fresh copy of Windows Ultimate on my HDD (30-Day Trial).....

Installation went smoothly... Once vista loaded I went to run the
upgrade on
pc using my HP DVD 640I DVDRW Drive and got the following error
message:
"Windows Setup experienced an unexpected error. To install Windows,
restart
the installation. Error Code: 0x0"
When I used the DVD on my LG DVDRW Drive it went through with no
problems...
I did some searching and found out this could be an issue with the
primary
(Master) Drive hence it working with my secondary drive (LG)... I
swapped the
drives around and still had the same problem on the HP Drive. I removed
the
LG drive and only used the HP drive, still the same problem. I can
install
all other software with the HP drive apart from Microsoft Office
Professional
2007 and Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate.

Any ideas or suggestions?
You need to uncheck the Enable DMA option for the IDE channel your
drive is on. This can be found under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers in Device
Manager.

Good luck!

--
djbrooksuk