Re: Downgrading from Vista to XP

Of the 61 driver and utility downloads for your computer on Toshiba.com, almost all are for Vista and the few for Vista/XP may not cover all the devices you need. You'd better look before you leap. It might be best to contact Toshiba and see if the computer is even XP compatible. A lot of computers built in the past year are not. Especially laptops.

"Teelzy" <Teelzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A52562E9-E0E8-4F90-81B4-FDD0E8AABB5C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am wanting to get rid of the monster Vista and go back to using my old OS
(XP). I am extremely tired of the incompatability of Vista with many of my
older games that I have come to love. Beside this, I also can't see any pros
in Vista over XP.

All my complaining aside, what are the steps I need to take to go back to
XP. I have an F45-AV413 Qosmio by Toshiba (Laptop). I am going to need some
step by step assistance most likely, but I have done alot of reinstalling but
never a downgrade, I have also heard that there may be some compatability
issues.

Any and all help is very appreciated, thanks in advance.

Zach

  • Re: Screen Loads Sideways - video card issue?
    ... with the monitor attached, it's got to be the video card (nVidia GeForce ... 9600m GT) or the graphics driver interacting with Vista. ... chat with microsoft and they couldn't fix it. ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability ...
  • Re: Screen Loads Sideways - video card issue?
    ... chat with microsoft and they couldn't fix it. ... Supposedly someone from Microsoft on the vista team is going ... Usually on a Laptop there are also a sequence of keys you can press to ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability ...
  • Re: Laptops are cheap this Xmas season but no ones buying
    ... Nothing is going to change hardware-wise in the next six months because of Vista. ... What I think is going to happen is that people will become wary of buying the cheapest POS PC, including laptops, on the market because they will want hardware that is not merely 'compatible' with Vista. ... To put it another way, I foresee a sort of class competition starting: The upper class has the Vista optimized machines, the lower class has the merely compatible machines. ... To keep compatability with their older applications really hampers Microsoft in moving forward in their OS design. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Screen Loads Sideways - video card issue?
    ... HP 20" external monitor with wireless key board and mouse. ... HP now tells me they think Vista has ... ideas for how I can fix this? ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability issue ...