Re: Right Click Crashes Windows Explorer

Thank you for the quick reply. Before I posted I tried ShellExView and
disabled all non-MS context menu handlers, but the problem continued
nonetheless. Any other ideas?

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost> wrote in message
Hi Terry,

This is most likely caused by a third-party shell extension. See "Method
2" here:

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows® Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

"Terry Smerling" <smerling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Each time I attempt a right click to access the context menu Windows
Explorer crashes. This is true whether I use Explorer or PowerDesk Pro 7
as my file manager. As a result I am unable to zip files, rename files
or run executables as the Administrtor. The error message I get is
simply that "Windows Explorer has stopped working." I suspected that
possibly Norton 360 was the culprit, but I disabled Norton 360 and the
problem persists. I believe this problem did not start until I installed
Vista's SP1. I am running Vista Home Premium on a powerful MicroExpress
machine with ample RAM. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

  • Re: Right Click Crashes Windows Explorer
    ... disabled all non-MS context menu handlers, ... This is true whether I use Explorer or PowerDesk Pro 7 as my file manager. ... I suspected that possibly Norton 360 was the culprit, but I disabled Norton 360 and the problem persists. ...
  • Re: Opening files and context clicks very slow only when connected to network
    ... I tried using the Shellexview software, disabled all non-MS context click ... handlers one-by-one and all at the same time, ... Computer, Recycle Bin, Network Neighborhood) I do not have a delay issue. ... If I disable my network interface, ...
  • Re: Window Handles?
    ... QI the explorer for IOleWindow and call IOleWindow::GetWindow. ... How exactly would you have your own handlers and why do you need them? ... Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) ... OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)
  • Re: Creating toolbar in new Explorer
    ... That first Explorer will not fire Activatefor you by the time you can create an object reference to it and set up event handlers, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins)
  • Re: Creating toolbar in new Explorer
    ... For the initial Explorer Activatewon't fire in almost all cases normally. ... add handlers for all 3 events for every Explorer that gets opened, ... a _startup flag in those events to see if UI creation is needed. ... ToolbarWrapper = new CToolbarWrapper; ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins)