Re: Right Click Crashes Windows Explorer

Thank you for the quick reply. Before I posted I tried ShellExView and
disabled all non-MS context menu handlers, but the problem continued
nonetheless. Any other ideas?

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost> wrote in message
Hi Terry,

This is most likely caused by a third-party shell extension. See "Method
2" here:

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

The Winhelponline Blog:
Windows® Troubleshooting:

"Terry Smerling" <smerling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Each time I attempt a right click to access the context menu Windows
Explorer crashes. This is true whether I use Explorer or PowerDesk Pro 7
as my file manager. As a result I am unable to zip files, rename files
or run executables as the Administrtor. The error message I get is
simply that "Windows Explorer has stopped working." I suspected that
possibly Norton 360 was the culprit, but I disabled Norton 360 and the
problem persists. I believe this problem did not start until I installed
Vista's SP1. I am running Vista Home Premium on a powerful MicroExpress
machine with ample RAM. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly