Re: NTLDR Missing

You don't give the make and model of your laptop. Dell has a utility for restoring the boot sector so that you can access the restore from a function key after overwriting it.

"pratikiitd" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:522ac246e5cde51fac51a662f510eaa3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello

I had a pre installed vista vaio laptop. I converter it to dual boot
system with windows XP installed on it. I didnt get any back up cd with
the laptop but it has a separate partition for recovery which used to
come up when i pressed F10 during system boot. Now when i converted it
to dual boot and now when I am pressing F10 to restore factory settings
its saying NTLDR missing. Since I needed to format, I just formatted the
partition of XP and again tried to reboot. But again its saying the same
when pressing F10. Although I am able to boot Vista normally

Its just that I am not able to get to the system recovery.

Thanks in Advance

--
pratikiitd

  • Re: Best Restore Method
    ... i.e. a device that I can boot / load / restore from the crippled laptop and overwrite all of C: to the "clean" state that I had after installing the apps that I want as my baseline after I manually do a reinstall of Win XP Pro and the apps I want. ... Not sure if my laptop has boot from USB. ... You do the backup step. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: mlock(1)
    ... laptop against, what is their level of commitment, and what on the laptop are you ... The thingwe are trying to protect in the swap space are the ram images of the ... cryptoswap key at every boot and then throw it away. ... Any "restore" methodology can be attacked by definition because the attacker can ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Replacing Hard drive
    ... I haven't used Ghost since the 2003 version so I don't know if the problem ... partitions can be resized during the restore. ... else fails you can download the Ultimate Boot CD ... Laptop powered up, by the way I did select "copy master boot record" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: crcdisk.sys driver wont load....cant boot into laptop
    ... turned on the laptop only to have it not load into Vista. ... I tried 'startup repair' in safe mode which didn't work the 1st time(it ... After this I was able to boot into Safe mode and normal mode, ... Then restore to factory condition by pressing the correct ...
  • Dell PC Restore function.
    ... Dell is sending me a restore disc and a utility disc. ... The D 530 laptop boot sequence is: ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)