Re: Windows Easy Transfer can't transfer from Vista-64bit?

You're welcome. Why don't you ask in the microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general newsgroup. I believe some folks who hang out there know about some third party programs that can do what you want.

"RJ" <RJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:497EAD94-22FD-4A6E-9188-8AB3E24D0A26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Looks like you have the answer I "wasn't" looking for.

Now that I know the 64 to 32 bit WET transfer is not supported (MS only
knows why...) do you have any recommendations for a utility out there that
might support this? Free preferably but I'm open to options before I pull the
plug and do it manually.

Thank you for the post Colin!

RJ

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

64 to 32 is the one way that is not supported. Sorry. All the other
possibilities work, of course.

>I tried out Vista Ultimate 64bit for a month and got whipped by driver
> issues. I installed Vista Ultimate 32bit on a 2nd partition and tried
> using
> Windows Easy Transfer to transfer files and settings from the 64bit
> installation and pick them up in the 32bit installaion. This is the > error
> get every time I try to complete the transfer: "The store you selected > was
> saved on a 64bit machine. Windows Easy Transfer cannot apply the data."
>
> Is there a way to use WET to transfer files from a Vista-64bit
> installation?
>
> If not WET, is there another utility?

  • Re: Windows Easy Transfer cant transfer from Vista-64bit?
    ... "Colin Barnhorst" wrote: ... installation and pick them up in the 32bit installaion. ... Is there a way to use WET to transfer files from a Vista-64bit ...
  • Re: Windows Easy Transfer cant transfer from Vista-64bit?
    ... Yes, I ran WET from inside the 64bit installation, created the source files ... Windows Easy Transfer to transfer files and settings from the 64bit ... Is there a way to use WET to transfer files from a Vista-64bit ...
  • Re: Windows Easy Transfer cant transfer from Vista-64bit?
    ... You can't run it from another installation and simply point to the target install, you must be booted into the installation you want to save the files and settings from. ... Windows Easy Transfer to transfer files and settings from the 64bit ... Is there a way to use WET to transfer files from a Vista-64bit installation? ...
  • Re: rotten threshold
    ... the wood was getting wet. ... review the installation instructions. ... using a storm door or adding a portico. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Reinstalled Office 2007- all previous data lost
    ... Windows Easy Transfer? ... On this occassion you have obviously installed a new instance of Vista & your programs, whereas in the past you will have repaired your installation. ... third time this year, but this time, all my office data didn't come back like ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)