Re: Dual boot: Vista and Vista on 2 Hard Drives?

In article <6b5k54dfrjragq61v04jn954adqifftp77@xxxxxxx>, Nigel Molesworth
<reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> says...
There are many articles on how to dual boot Vista and XP, but I want to dual
boot Vista and Vista, with an existing installation, on 2 Hard Drives.

Currently I switch these in the BIOS, but I'd much rather chose at a later
stage, can this be done?

Why? Because I keep one of the drives for random software that I rarely use.

It is not possible. Not easy. You have to changing things in the
register, so the 2nd Vista knows it is on the 2nd drive.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. MBR-rebuilders in DiskEdit!
http://jawade.nl/ Met een mirror op http://jawade.fortunecity.com/

  • Re: Vista and slow transfers over the network
    ... You mentioned a switch in there. ... If it's ok put it back in the Vista machine. ... And the transfer rate on the server is 90MB/sec and write is about half of ... same WD drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • RE: Installing XP on a new Vista laptop -XPS1330-
    ... The only problem you'll likely have is that now that you made that BIOS ... Installing XP on a new Vista laptop -XPS1330- ... I will have to swap drives in case I need to revert from vista to XP ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Another example how screwed up Vista is
    ... Anyhow I have hard drives C, E, F, G and H all internal. ... Vista accepted the change and correctly reflected the ... drive letter from X to I ... stupid SOB I guess I need to remind you that during install regardless ...
  • Re: harmonp,Some folks have had good luck resolving issues like you have by
    ... Both have Vista ... "freddy" wrote: ... Under Universal Serial Bus controllers as a USB Mass Storage Device ... Under Disk Drives ...
  • Re: queen,Even the Administrator sometimes has to give himself permission to do
    ... In my case the dialogue says "Windows needs to install driver software for your USB CF Reader." ... Both have Vista ... Periodically, Vista says it needs to look for new drivers, then it can't find ... Under Disk Drives ...