Re: Error loading operating system

Vista has a startup repair tool that you can access by booting with the dvd. Give it a try.

"Flime" <Flime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3E8FF9D5-2968-41D1-AD56-8AA18F2E5DB9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I built this system
EVGA 750i SLI MB- Intel Duo Core Quad 6700 CPU - EVGA 9800GTX- Samsung 750GB
SATA HDD. 2 Opticle drives SATA & Logitech G15 keyboard. I have all current &
appropriate drivers for Vista 64 Bit OS.

I initially insatlled Win XP (32bit) while waiting for Vista (64bit) to get
here. I originally had a partition, but I deleted partitions & reformat to
install Vista on one primary drive.

Now on initial start I get 'error loading operating system' but when I
restart PC it boots up ok. I have Googled & employed numerous suggestions
regarding BIOS setting for SATA HDD to Large, Boot priority..ect. I have
tried reformating HD & repartition again, all no help.

My system works, it just gives me the error when I turn on the PC after it's
been off-but boots up ok when doing re-starts. Anyone help with this? I'm
considering going back to WinXP & just write off the $$ spent on Vista.
Please help frustrated PC novice.

  • Re: XP does not assign drive letter to External SATA HDD
    ... I remove 2.5 SATA HDD from notbook PC, It is still installed Windows MCE 2005 NTFS format. ... I put the SATA HDD into external USB case and plug into Desktop PC, Dell Dimension 4700 Windows XP PRo SP2 ... there are Vista newsgroups for Vista questions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Default Boot Drive?
    ... Okay, so I got a new system (AMD Athlon Dual Core, 3GHz, Vista Home Premium, 500GB SATA HDD), installed a new SATA drive, and installed WinXP on the new drive. ... Now, I can boot off Vista or XP, but the default system is XP. ...
  • xp install help
    ... hi i have a machine with vista on a sata hdd but i have a second sata hdd and ... i want to install xp on it but no matter what i try when booting from disc it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Computer turns off at Vista loading
    ... start up my computer it boots all the way to the Vista loading screen, ... seems as if it loads all the way, then shuts down with no warning. ... I tried putting in the Vista DVD ... The usual hardware items to consider are board, cpu, memory, and don't ...
  • Re: Computer Freezes at Booting
    ... tiny button in front of CPU box to re-boot the computer and the computer ... behaves this way only one times every 4 boots and started this problem 2 ... I have window Vista Home Premium 32 bit with 2 GB memory. ...